Projecttitel: Towards circularity in Chinese dairy production
Looptijd: 2019 – 2022
Projectleider: Kees de Koning
The aim of this project is to investigate first steps towards circularity in Chinese dairy farming by improving the use of land, crops and residues in China. In this project, based on concrete regional cases, the improvement of land use, type of crops and byproducts, biorefining, manure processing and other residual products in China will be examined. As a result, China will have to import less feed and the effect of dairy farming on various environmental aspects will be reduced. The project comprises the following three components:
- Work Package 1: Finding mitigation options to increase circularity of the dairy sector in the regions Henan and Beijing;
- Work Package 2: based on the results of WP1 alternative management methods and technologies will be applied and demonstrated for optimization of efficiency of feed an manure nutrients. These practices should result in a lower environmental footprint;
- A PhD project: building on insights gained fromWP1 and WP2, the PhD project aims to analyse technologies and system (re)design to improve nutrient cycling in the Chinese dairy sector at a regional scale by using scenario analysis.
The following products will be delivered:
- Report about current agricultural (crop, roughage, horticulture, dairy, manure) production and their relation in the regions Henan and Beijing;
- Feasibility of mitigation strategies to increase circularity of the dairy sector in the regions Henan and Beijing;
- Scientific papers based on the results of WP1, WP2 and the PhD project.
Deel dit bericht