Working area TKI: central theme Smart Technology
Producing and processing in a smarter way
In all central themes, technology is of great importance. In particular it concerns a smarter and more precise way of producing and processing, for example by using sensors and drones, raw material-saving technologies, application opportunities of the internet-of-things, block chains, the deployment of data-analysis and system architecture and system integration.
Within the central theme Smart Technology, there is cooperation with the Top Sector High-Tech Systems & Materials (HTSM) and the Top Sector Horticulture & Starting Materials which all operate under the umbrella of High Tech to Feed the World (HT2FtW). The following themes are distinguished:
- Data collection: sensors, detection, vision-systems.
- Analysis and use of data: ICT, Big Data, interpretation (from data to information).
- Automation and monitoring: activation, manipulation, handling, robotics.
- Materials and processing: nanomaterials, soft matter, smart surface
The current activities include projects and programmes that were placed in several roadmaps in the previous knowledge and innovation agenda. In the next few years, we will specifically focus on:
- Arranging joint calls with HTSM and Horticulture & Starting Materials for HT2FtW.
- Development of a fundamental programme HT2FtW (through NWO).
- Digitalisation agri and food sector (NL Next Level) and collaboration with the cooperative DataHub.
In the project overview (Dutch, desktop version), you will find all knowledge and innovation projects that are part of the central theme Smart Technology.
In the project overview (Dutch), you will find all knowledge and innovation projects that are part of the central theme Smart Technology.